Collar bone break was around the 30th of September 2008.Â Arm was in a sling for a bit over 3 weeks and then started doing general movements, but, was still very painful.Â It wasn’t until week 6-7 that I started doing some strength exercises after discussing with the physio.
Early exercise prescription (~ 25/11/2008 ):
- Raise (to above head) and lower arms
- Both hands on gym ball against the wall.Â Slowly move around on wall.
- arm behind back, gently manoeuvre head with other hand in opposite direction)… should feel in upper trap
- pecs.. extend arm against the wall, turn body until feeling a stretch in the pecs.
Exercise prescription date:Â 5/12/08
- Seated row – single or double (blue band)
- Lat pull downs (front of body)
- Weight bearing forward & back, side to side (kitchen bench/bed etc)
- Diagonal arm raise with yellow band
- Rotations with blue band.Â Left/right
- Stretch pecs and upper traps
Exercise prescription date:Â 15/12/08
- Â DB bench press ~ 7kg.Â 3×6 then later 3×12
- Lat pull down
- Seated row (Gym)
- Weight shift in press up position on bench/bed
- Basketball drills (Bouncing ball, passing ball against wall, close range shooting)
- Rotator cuff, elbows @ 90 degrees
Exercise prescription date: 22/12/2008
- Wall press up (3×8)
- Rotations @ 90 degrees(Pulling in & pulling out) 3 x12 each way
- Arm lifts lying on stomach, arms out (thumbs up and thumbs down), arms in a Y shape and W shape.Â 10 each, 40 total.
- Push ups ( 5×3 ) – Can only do 3×3 at the moment
- Seated Rows
- Lat pull downs
- Triceps and Biceps